Employment Opportunity – Instructional Assistant
The Bridge School is looking for a dynamic, positive and energetic individual to serve as an Instructional Assistant (paraprofessional) in our school program and become a part of our interdisciplinary teams. We serve children between the ages of 3 – 12 with severe physical and speech impairments. Duties include assisting in instructional activities, providing physical care and preparing materials for class. Lifting and toileting of students is required.
Minimum: High school diploma/equivalent and one of the following: (a) completed 2 years of study at an institution of higher education; or (b) an associate’s (or higher) degree; or (c) is willing to complete a local assessment to demonstrate knowledge of, and the ability to assist in instructing, reading, writing and mathematics.
- 2 years experience in child care, camp or educational setting.
- Ability to work in a classroom/school environment to assist in meeting the physical needs of the students (lifting and physically managing students with disabilities weighing at least 30 lbs) and to assist in addressing social and learning needs of children with severe speech and physical impairments.
- Ability to lift and physically manage students.
- Ability to learn quickly when provided with demonstration and written materials.
- Ability to take initiative and be independent with familiar activities following initial training.
- Ability to be systematic in following instructional programs and maintaining records.
- Ability to be flexible in accepting help or assistance when needed.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the basic operations, set up and implementation of computer/assistive technologies.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team in helping students meet education and communication goals.
- Fluency in Spanish is an advantage.
This is a full-time position (35 hours per week) for the regular school year beginning immediately for Spring 2022.
If interested, please submit a cover letter and a resume for consideration to email@example.com